To convey Japan’s heartfelt gratitude for the support it received after the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami, the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles and Japan Business Association of Southern California will hold a public appreciation event, “Japan. Endless Discovery,” on Saturday, March 10, from 12 to 8 p.m. at The Grove, 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles.
The event will feature:
• Traditional cultural ensembles Nebuta Ohayashi Hozonkai, Yukiko Matsuyama and Saeko Kujiraoka (koto), Nishikawa-ryu Classical Japanese Theater, Suehiro Kimono, and Ryukyukoku Matsuri Daiko, Los Angeles Branch.
• An opportunity to meet and take a photo with Hello Kitty.
• A Japanese street fashion show by Bubble Punch and Tune in Tokyo.
• Tea ceremony demonstration by Chado Urasenke Tankokai Los Angeles Association.
• Drumming by Kokura Gion Daiko.
Special guest Yoshiki from X Japan will deliver a personal message to the people of Los Angeles at 7:30 p.m.
Come and find “your Japan” by visiting booths featuring Japanese cutting-edge technology, delicious and healthy food, charming characters, traditional culture, and trending fashion and pop culture.
Open to the public. Kimono, cosplay and J-fashion are highly encouraged.
Exhibitors include ANA, ASICS, The Candy Artist (Shan Ichiyanagi), Fujitsu, Honda, Isuzu, Japan National Tourist Organization, JPY, Kameda, KDDI, Kyushu Island Club, Maeda-en, Marubeni America Corporation, Marukome, Mazda, Mitsubishi Motors, Mitsubishi Regional Jet, Miyako Hotel Los Angeles, Miyako Hybrid Hotel, Mutual Trading Co., Otafuku, Pacific International Liquor, Power Anime, Relaken, San-X, Sega, Shinsyu-ichi Miko Brand, Sun Noodle Brand, Takaokaya, Tokidoki, Toto, Toyota, Tsukihoshi, Wowmax Media, Yakult, and Yamajirushi.
On the Web: www.la.us.emb-japan.go.jp/310event.htm