SAN FRANCISCO — Nikkei & Retirement will present “If I Can’t Eat Like I Used to … What Can I Eat?” on Saturday, Sept. 8, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California, 1840 Sutter St. in San Francisco’s Japantown.
This free interactive discussion workshop will go over such topics as:
– How do you read labels on foods?
– What is the best oil to use?
– What is the value (if any) of alcohol, coffee, tea, vitamins, etc.?
You can also learn how to make traditional Asian favorites with healthy ingredients, and become educated on the benefits of an anti-aging diet.
Speakers will include:
– Caitlin Weeks, certified holistic nutrition educator, lifestyle coach, personal trainer;
– Stephanie Wong, certified holistic health and nutrition coach;
– Thalia Farshchian, naturopathic doctor.
There will also be a raffle. Dr. Farshchian is donating a free micronutrient panel testing over 30 vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants (valued at $2,000). Healthy refreshments will be served.
To RSVP, call the JCCCNC at (415) 567-5505 or email [email protected]