The Nisei Week Foundation announced the following temporary street closures:
Sunday, Aug. 16, between 3 and 10 p.m. for the Nisei Week Parade:
• San Pedro Street between First and Second streets
• First Street between Alameda and San Pedro streets
• Second Street between Alameda and San Pedro streets*
• Central Avenue between First and Fourth streets
• Third Street between Alameda and midway between San Pedro and Los Angeles streets
• Please note that similar to last year, Los Angeles Street is not on the parade route.
* Second Street between Central and San Pedro, near the crosswalk, will be closed at 9 a.m. because UTB will be moving equipment for their telecast.
Sunday, Aug. 23, between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. for the Closing Ceremonies and Ondo:
• First Street between Central and San Pedro streets
The Nisei Week Foundation regrets any inconvenience these street closures may cause you or your customers, and will try to allow limited access to some parking facilities as safety allows. However, it must be remembered that people setting up the events in the streets do not expect to have traffic on closed streets, so maximum caution is advised when driving. People will be at the closures to keep through traffic out of the closed area.