July 7-8 — Zenshuji Soto Mission, 123 S. Hewitt St., Little Tokyo, is holding its 54th annual Obon Carnival from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
This family event will include traditional Japanese cultural exhibitions, food and entertainment such as:
* Ikebana (Flower Arrangement) Exhibits
* Tea Ceremony Demonstrations
* Taiko Drumming (Zendeko)
* Children’s Games
* White Elephant Sale
* Kenpo Karate Demonstrations
* Folk Dances (Bon-Odori, etc)
* Live Performances (Talent Show, Random Ninjas and more!)
* Delicious Food (Ikayaki, Takoyaki, Teriyaki Beef, Udon, Home-
And * OBON Service at 1:30pm both days.
Admission is free and open to the public. Cash only for the food.