The Nichi Bei Foundation is accepting original and creative tofu dessert recipes. Finalists will gather at the final on Saturday, June 11, in San Francisco Japantown’s Peace Plaza to serve their desserts for the judges.
Winning recipes will be published in the Nichi Bei Weekly and at www.nichibei.org and the winners will receive prizes. First prize is $100.
• At least 50 percent of the ingredients must be tofu.
• Tofu must be products available at regular stores, and all ingredients and cooking utensils must be supplied by the competitors.
• Competitors must be able to attend the final.
• The contest is open to both professionals and amateurs.
• The Nichi Bei Foundation reserves the right to publish recipe, competitor’s name, city of residence and occupation.
Send your recipe, name, address, phone number and occupation to: Tofu Dessert Competition, c/o Nichi Bei Foundation, P.O. Box 15693, San Francisco, CA 94115, or e-mail to: [email protected]. Finalists will be notified by phone.
The festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Peace Plaza is located at Post and Buchanan. For more information, visit www.soyandtofufest.org.