SAN FRANCISCO — A community update forum on the Northern Japan Earthquake Relief Fund will be held on Sunday, July 10, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California’s Issei Memorial Hall, 1840 Sutter St. in Japantown.
• Get an overview of the relief fund and an update on total funds raised to date
• Learn more about the organizations that JCCCNC is working with in Tohoku and how the relief funds are being utilized
• Get the latest information on the status of the recovery efforts in Japan
• Learn more about the JCCCNC’s plans to assist with the recovery effort over the next six months
• Learn how the JCCCNC is managing the operations of the relief effort
There will be an opportunity to ask questions. Light food and refreshments provided.
RSVP at (415) 567-5505 or email Mika Shimizu at mshim[email protected].
The fund was established by the JCCCNC shortly after an earthquake and tsunami devastated northeastern Japan on March 11. A similar effort was launched in 1995 following the Kobe earthquake.