Project Sake: The Design of Sake, Food and Fashion will be a unique evening featuring an assortment of sake from around the world and hors d’oeuvres from Los Angeles’ top restaurants, with sake experts providing education on sake and food pairings.
The fifth Project Sake will be held Thursday, July 28, at Vibiana, 214 S. Main St. (at Second Street), Los Angeles. Ticket price includes admission to the main event and sake and food tasting.
The Little Tokyo Service Center has been coordinating the annual event to raise funds and promote its programs. The event combines incredible food and drinks with a lively and festive atmosphere for both networking and socializing with 700 other sake aficionados.
“We try to make our events fun as well as fund-raising, so we hope everyone who comes will have an enjoyable evening and feel good about supporting a worthy organization,” said LTSC Executive Director Bill Watanabe.
The event will feature:
• Premium sake tasting. Mutual Trading Corporation is the exclusive sake provider and will offer an array of premium sake and other cocktails. Beer and wine will also be served.
• An exclusive tasting menu from renowned fine dining caterer Andy Nakano (VIP reception only).
• Hors d’oeuvres from a wide variety of local restaurants, including Roy’s, Feast from the East, Bonaventure Hotel LA Prime, Maison Akira, Shakas, Kamiyama, The Spice Table and Toranoko.
• Silent auction with items up for bid such as electronics, jewelry, gift baskets and many other great prizes.
• Raffle drawing for American Airlines tickets, an iPad 2 and an Xbox 360 with Kinect.
• Fashion display. Hawaii-based Anne Namba’s fashions for women and men will be featured throughout the evening and will be available for purchase. Unique fashion accessories will also be for sale. Visit her website: www.annenamba.com.
• Boutique vendors: Browse and shop for unique gifts and accessories from these exclusive vendors: Bunky Mar, Yvonne Nishio, Sue Oda-Omori, Juliet Beezley, Georgeanne Alex.
• Networking opportunities: LTSC prides its events as an excellent forum to meet a wide range of stakeholders, including young professionals, community leaders, corporate representatives, and local elected officials.
VIP reception from 6 to 7 p.m.; general admission from 7 to 10 p.m.
During the VIP reception, special recognition will be given to LTSC Executive Board member Fred Hoshiyama and the Corporation for Supportive Housing.
General admission: $75 presale, $85 at the door, subject to availability. VIP admission: $15, pre-sale only, limited availability. Attendees must be at least 21 years old.
For more information, visit http://sake.ltsc.org or call (213) 473-1608.