Do you have friends looking for a fun way to experience Japan for the first time? Hiroken, a Japan social network based in Los Angeles, is hosting a culture and heritage program that culminates with a trip to Hiroshima next summer.
Those who sign up can:
• Participate in cultural and educational activities in Little Tokyo and other areas in Los Angeles;
• Network with people of similar interests and make new friends;
• Stay with a Japanese host family and at a traditional Japanese inn (ryokan) during a seven-day trip to Hiroshima;
• Visit popular Hiroshima landmarks, such as Miyajima and Peace Park;
• Extend the trip and visit other cities in Japan (optional).
Supported by the Hiroshima prefectural government, this is an ideal trip for those of Hiroshima ancestry, ages 21 and over, but anyone interested in Japanese culture is welcome to apply. For more information, visit www.hirokensocal.org.