TORRANCE — Weekly LALALA presents the first Los Angeles Ramen Yokocho Fest on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 14-15, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, 3330 Civic Center Dr., Torrance.
Admission and parking are free. All ramen is $8.
Twelve ramen restaurants will be featured:
• Daikokuya x Ninben (spicy miso with authentic powdered bonito)
• Gomachi (from Hawaii, named “Best of Honolulu”)
• Hayatemaru (seafood ramen)
• Ikemen (produced by ramen master Shigetoshi Nakamura from Japan)
• Iroha (three-time champion of the “Tokyo Ramen Show,” featuring Toyama black mapo ramen)
• Jidaiya (ramen burger — original recipe)
• Kitakata Ramen Bannai (from Japan — hand-crumpled curly noodles with tender charshu pork)
• Monta (from Las Vegas — Kurume style ramen from Fukuoka, brand-new fusion soup)
• Orenchi (from San Jose — No. 1 average daily customers in the U.S.)
• Shalala (from San Jose — miso ramen)
• Silverlake Ramen (Hollywood stars’ favorite ramen)
• Tsujita L.A. Artisan Noodle (L.A. Ramen Yokocho Fest exclusive — super-delicious cold ramen; also nigiri sushi)
In addition, Hannosuke will serve ten-don.
For more information, visit http://ramenyokochous.com/.