Edgar Award winner Naomi Hirahara, author of the Mas Arai mystery series and the newly launched Officer Ellie Rush mystery series (“Murder on Bamboo Lane”), will appear at the following events over the next month:
• Thursday, July 24, from 8 to 9:30 p.m. with Colet Abedi, Mary Marks, Tess Oliver, Laurisa White Reyes, and Maximilian Timm at “Book’d in Burbank,” Theatre Banshee, 3435 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank. Cost: $10. Info: www.bookdevent.com/
• Friday, July 25, from 8 to 9 p.m. at Downtown Literary Alchemy “Lament in the Night: An Evening of L.A. Pulp Authors” with Christa Faust and Wally Rudolph, Traxx Bar & Restaurant, 800 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles. Free. Info: http://writlargepress.com/friday-july-25-20145
• Saturday, Aug. 2, from 1 to 2 p.m., “Asian American Detective Fiction,” a conversation with George Q. Fong, Alhambra Civic Center Library, 101 S. First St., Alhambra. Free. Info: http://alhambralibrary.org/
• Saturday, Aug. 9, at 1:30 p.m., “Pitching Balls and Catching Criminals,” a talk with Kerry Nakagawa, author of “Japanese American Baseball in California: A History,” Kinokuniya Bookstore-Little Tokyo, 123 Astronaut Ellison S. Onizuka St., Los Angeles. Free. Info: www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fho003
• Saturday, Aug. 16, from 2 to 4 p.m., “The Elements of Mystery” panel, moderating discussion with Kim Fay, Samuel W. Gailey, Rachel Howzell Hall, and Don Passman, Santa Monica Public Library, 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica. Free. Info: http://calendar.smgov.net/library/eventsignup.asp?ID=13972
• Sunday, Aug. 24, at 2 p.m., panel on mysteries set in Asia and Asian America, moderating discussion with Lisa Brackmann, Steph Cha, Kim Fay, and Timothy Hallinan, Irvine Ranch Water District, 15500 Sand Canyon Ave., Irvine. Joint event with Orange County Sisters in Crime and SoCal Mystery Writers of America. Refreshments served at 1 p.m. Free. Info: www.ocsistersincrime.org/ or www.socalmwa.com/
For more information, visit www.naomihirahara.com.